Author Archives: admin

2021 Results

After the disappointment of 2020 we were finally able to hold the 2021 IDOR, a little later than usual but better late than never. 9 boats took part, a reduced entry but understandable given the last minute decisions needed. You can see a summary of the results on the “RESULTS” page.

The IDOR 2021

As planned the IDOR will be taking place 21-25 Jun 2021, hosted by the Island Sailing Club on Fairview Oceanis 37s. The deadline for entry is Friday 14 May 2021, however we would be grateful of an early indication of whether your club or department is able to support an entry. Do also speak to us if this deadline will cause you any issues. We would rather discuss options with a skipper than miss out on a crew and entry. This will help us finalise the social arrangements and also allow us to make best indication to Fairview on the total number of yachts we will use. Please provide this confirmation to the committee before contacting Fairview.

You will note that the regatta is scheduled to start on 21 Jun 2021 which is the date COVID-related restrictions are currently planned to be lifted. As a result full crews (where greater than 6) will not be able to assemble until that day and we have modified the regatta and timings as a result. Up to 6 will be able to assemble on the Sunday and stay overnight, but we will discuss and agree such details with individual skippers. Should the dates of the easing of restrictions be changed by the government we will have to make a call on whether IDOR can go ahead and will do this on or by 01 Jun 2021.

The IDOR 2020

The IDOR is currently planned for 11th-16th October 2020, having been postponed due to the corona virus pandemic. A firm decision as to whether to go ahead will be taken in mid-September.

Coronavirus update

In common with many other sporting events and all CSSC activities in spring 2020, the IDOR will be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

We have not been able to set a date just yet, but are looking at options with Fairview and the Island Sailing Club for September or October, a time when this situation hopefully will have passed. You will understand though at this time we cannot offer absolute certainty.

For those of you who have paid deposits with Fairview, they have very kindly allowed us (counter to their usual policy) to transfer them to the future date. If this is not acceptable to your department or club, please contact the committee to discuss other options.

If you have not paid a deposit for the boat charter and are planning or hoping to enter please provide an expression of interest to idor@cs-sailing.org so we can judge the feasibility of a late season regatta.

Any other questions please email idor@cs-sailing.org . If you would prefer to call, it would be appreciated if you could do so on Friday.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Stuart and Sam
Stuart Dawes
IDOR 2020 Co-Chair
07905425923

Race Documents

A couple of the links on the documents page have now been fixed. You can now see the Laid Courses and Risk Assessment.